WeatherPanel Forums

Dedicated to the continuing functionality of the best Mobile Weather Software on the net.
Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Home Page Home Page  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22
 >> Next 
  Print view
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
 Post subject: WeatherPanel 2010 Install
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
Updated January 1, 2010

Updated moon phases through year 2012 (thanks to member gator, who assembled the moon data this year).

Note: When upgrading, use the WeatherPanel 2010 Update.cab - it updates the dll only and keeps your current settings intact...

See the [url="http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9608"]WeatherPanel download index[/url] for more WeatherPanel stuff...

----------------------------------------------

A consolidated version of WeatherPanel for 2010. This is a free version, with these enhancements:

  • Authorization fix
  • Hourly data fix (updated January 3, 2009)
  • Moon phase table good through December 31, 2012 (thanks gator)

Notes:

  • Download the file and unzip
  • Copy the CAB file to your device and install

Code:
01/03/2010 - Update:
   * Extended moon phase data through year 2012.
01/03/2009 - Minor update:
   * Adjusted hourly data fix - again! Incorporated GMT offset into date calculations (thanks to tcbusch, who analyzed and developed the gmt offset logic).
01/01/2009 - Minor update:
   * Adjusted hourly data fix for 2009. The gap has increased by
     366 days.
10/13/2008 - Minor update:
   * Fixed a bug in the "hourly data fix" script that prevented WP from
     using hourly forecast data as current conditions data expired.
   * Modified hourly data fix script to always run from main storage -
     which fixes the issue where the script dialog would show after
     every soft reset (when WP was installed to storage card).

Important: To ensure you keep your previous settings, use the WeatherPanel 2010 Update.cab - it updates the dll only and keeps your current settings intact...


Attachments:
File comment: For updating existing install (keeps your settings)
WeatherPanel 2010 Update.cab [244.31 KiB]
Downloaded 1226 times
File comment: Full install - updated January 1, 2010
WeatherPanel_2010.CAB [2.43 MiB]
Downloaded 2120 times


Last edited by storyr on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 am, edited 23 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
Update July 30, 2008

See post 1 for an updated, consolidated version of WeatherPanel...


Last edited by storyr on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:17 am, edited 16 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:52 pm 

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 5:14 pm
Posts: 95
Location: N. Virginia, USA
Thanks for your help above and beyond the call of duty, storyr. I hear you about becoming the bad guy with the server possibilities. Never a good thing. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
Tanker Bob wrote:
Thanks for your help above and beyond the call of duty, storyr. I hear you about becoming the bad guy with the server possibilities. Never a good thing. ;)

Hey, you're welcome. In one day, our little web server went from an average of a few hundred hits a day to over 20,000!

I sure hope this new stuff works! :wink:

By the way, the authorizing domain is now www.venusware.net It's the best I could come up with in a short amount of time. Also, it needed to be exactly the same number of characters as auth.marsware.net...


Last edited by storyr on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 142
Location: L.A., CA
.. and Uranus was too long! :D :D


Steve M
Sprint HTC Evo 4G


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 142
Location: L.A., CA
Rick,
Even though all the fixes have worked for me, would it be better to reinstall WP using the above files?
Edit - I did put in the 2.51 dll, should I change Windows/System32 for Active Sync as I did put that fix in?
Thanks


Steve M
Sprint HTC Evo 4G


Last edited by Catman51 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
Catman51 wrote:
Rick,
Even though all the fixes have worked for me, would it be better to reinstall WP using the above files?

Yes - Since you already have WP installed, just a DLL replacement is needed. This way, you'll start authorizing at www.venusware.net - and won't be subjected to downtime from by company server.

I'm urging everyone to switch! - it's a much better solution (although, at this point, I haven't heard for anyone to say it works...)


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Portland Oregon USA
storyr wrote:
Tanker Bob wrote:
Thanks for your help above and beyond the call of duty, storyr. I hear you about becoming the bad guy with the server possibilities. Never a good thing. ;)

Hey, you're welcome. In one day, our little web server went from an average of a few hundred hits a day to over 20,000!

I sure hope this new stuff works! :wink:

By the way, the authorizing domain is now www.venusware.net. It's the best I could come up with in a short amount of time. Also, it needed to be exactly the same number of characters as auth.marsware.net...


Thanks storyr, having a server go down in your business is not a good thing. It never crossed my mind that you would get so many hits, but it makes sense. Can't wait to get the new files.

Also, just in case others have problems with your link above, the "Period" should not be included with the html link above. It should be...

www.venusware.net

Just making note in case others try to click on your website.

Thanks so much again,
Dennis


Last edited by dlt123 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 142
Location: L.A., CA
Soft resetting now and hang on, I'll let you know in a minute...
Okay, so far so good, didn't ask anything, and...
it's updating!
Hurrah!


Steve M
Sprint HTC Evo 4G


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Storyr, you are the man!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 35
:D This fix finally worked for me! It must have been something I was (or wasn't) doing. Many thanks for all your efforts. I was really lost for a minute without my WP. It feels like the end is inevitable :cry:. I just wasn't prepared for it to be now. Thanks, storyr!!


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
dlt123 wrote:
Thanks storyr, having a server go down in your business is not a good thing. It never crossed my mind that you would get so many hits, but it makes sense. Can't wait to get the new files.

Also, just in case others have problems with your link above, the "Period" should not be included with the html link above. It should be...

www.venusware.net

Just making note in case others try to click on your website.

Also, where are the files, I seemed to miss where you put them???

Thanks so much again,
Dennis

Thanks - I fixed the period. There really is no web site - just the WeatherPanel authorization files are hosted so far.

The downloads are attached to the first two posts - you probably weren't logged in when you looked...


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
Catman51 wrote:
Soft resetting now and hang on, I'll let you know in a minute...
Okay, so far so good, didn't ask anything, and...
it's updating!
Hurrah!

First successful test! I can rest a little easier...


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Portland Oregon USA
storyr wrote:
Catman51 wrote:
Rick,
Even though all the fixes have worked for me, would it be better to reinstall WP using the above files?

Yes - Since you already have WP installed, just a DLL replacement is needed. This way, you'll start authorizing at www.venusware.net - and won't be subjected to downtime from by company server.

I'm urging everyone to switch! - it's a much better solution (although, at this point, I haven't heard for anyone to say it works...)


UBETCHA

Dennis


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:37 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:25 am
Posts: 356
Great job Storyr!

This worked perfectly for me :D

You may want to change your instructions slightly though, on item 3 you say to install it on either your storage card or main memory, but I believe when you install WP on your storage card it still keeps these files in main memory (with an unused copy on the storage card) so if you just replace the ones on the card there will be no change.

Thanks again!

PS You may want to remove the files from your server which make your original patch work, since I am sure many people only check this site when there is a problem with WP, otherwise I am sure some people will be using your original fix for years.


Top
 Profile  
 
Offline 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Tacoma
KEN wrote:
You may want to change your instructions slightly though, on item 3 you say to install it on either your storage card or main memory, but I believe when you install WP on your storage card it still keeps these files in main memory (with an unused copy on the storage card) so if you just replace the ones on the card there will be no change.

Done.

KEN wrote:
PS You may want to remove the files from your server which make your original patch work, since I am sure many people only check this site when there is a problem with WP, otherwise I am sure some people will be using your original fix for years.

Good point. I may do that tomorrow, after I'm sure this stuff is working ok...

Now that we all have a little breathing room, you can start working on your next theme :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Search for:
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Home Page Home Page  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22
 >> Next 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron